Tuesday, March 8, 2011

HEBREWS 3:16

"Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt?"  (NIV)





Rebellion. The human condition. Some of us have more of a rebellious streak than others, but we all have one.  For some reason, we human beings think having our own way is the best way, or the only way God must sigh. A lot.





I remember going to a Bible class where I learned that the forty-year trip the Israelites made, wandering in the desert, on the way to the promised land, could have been made in eleven days.  Eleven days... forty years.  Quite a discrepancy.  But, because of their repeated rebellion, those folks wandered in the desert all that time.  Many of them died in the desert and never entered the promised land.  Their offspring made it, but not them.

Don't allow your past sins and disobedience to prevent you from getting close to God today.  He is always present, always willing to forgive, always full of mercy and grace.  It only takes confession of your wrongdoing. When  you return to Him, He returns to you.


Funny thing, when we were studying about the wanderings in the desert, I kept asking, "Why didn't they just behave? How could they ignore the miracles God kept performing for them? And, after all He did, how could they be so ungrateful?"

But then, I thought about all the foolish wanderings in my own life... How many years did  I spend in the desert? How many of God's miracles did
  I ignore?  And, how ungrateful have I  been?

How 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment