Saturday, February 26, 2011

II THESSALONIANS 3:16

          


  " Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in
                  every way.  The Lord be with all of you."  (NIV)





I have heard it preached more than once that fear if the opposite of peace. God does not want His children to live in fear. When fear enters our lives, Satan catches a piggy-back ride!  Fear focuses on self: faith and peace focus on God.  " There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear... The one who fears is not made perfect in love."  I John 4:17,18  NIV




So then, how do we overcome our  fears?  First we need to make an honest inventory of ourselves, acknowledging our weaknesses and fears.  Like any battle, we need to first understand who the enemy is, what we are fighting against...  Whatever our foe is, we must first recognize it, and confess it to ourselves and to the Lord. Once we have acknowledged those weaknesses and fears, we need to rely on God through prayer and Bible study- these are the weapons to fight our foes!God's Word helps us to overcome our fears.  There are countless examples of scriptures that give us reassurance of His help. Here are a few:

     "Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. With joy you will draw water from the well of salvation."  Isaiah 12:2,3



     "I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears."  Psalm 34:4

     "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline."
                                                                                                                   II Timothy 1:7

     " So do not fear; for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

When we let doubts and fears intimidate us, we lose our effectiveness as God's people.  When fear begins to creep in, call on the Holy Spirit within you to overcome your fears.  He is available.  Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment